I'm on Etsy!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Money Question Monday: A Totally Real Question, Not At All Made Up By Me Because No One Asked Any Questions This Week. Because They Did.There Were Tons of Questions.






Every Monday, I'm going to answer your money questions. Email your questions to charlottewoodwind at gmail dot com, and I'll change your name to something unusual so no one knows who you are. David will help out when there is a disagreement/discussion between spouses about how to manage or spend money. Email me your questions, or I will be forced to make some up! 

Charlotte, Did you hear about what is happening in the Philippines? 
~Charlotte

Yes!

What do you think?

I think it's terrible! A tragedy! And I wish I could be right there, handing out food and water.

Doesn't the bible say there will be more storms and stuff in the end times?

Probably, but I'm not an expert. You should totally listen to this, though, if that sort of thing interests you.

Charlotte, aren't you glad this is America and nothing like that will happen here?

Well, I don't want to freak you out or anything, but things happen that we have no control over. I won't talk about what could happen during an electromagnet pulse, because I won't sleep well. If you don't like to sleep well, you could read One Second After

But natural disasters do happen: hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards. Have you thought about what you would do if water stopped coming out of your faucet, and you couldn't get to the store to buy more food? 


 I recommend that you keep a stock of canned food and/or dried food like rice and beans, and one of these giant water bottles. You can buy an empty bottle like this for about $7. Fill it up at home. Because for one thing, it's super heavy. That's why I didn't bother taking it out of the cabinet for the picture. (Don't I have lovely cabinets?) Replace the water once a year, so it doesn't go bad. If we all have about a week's worth of food and water, America will be doing a lot better during a natural disaster. 

Charlotte, Are you aware, that during a situation like what you mentioned, you won't be able to use your stove to cook rice?

Why yes, I am. Stay tuned for a Pinterest-worthy backyard cooking fire with a pot rigged up using an old swing set and some wire.

P.S. I noticed that your question is not actually about money.

No comments:

Post a Comment