I'm on Etsy!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Snow Day Perfect for Russian Tea

Thank you Christy, for this recipe! I haven't seen you for a while since we're far away, but you and your mom always have the best recipes, (except for that one cake, ha ha) and I have left your house so many times with a new recipe card in your or your mom's handwriting. And I think about you every time I make one!

I tweaked this recipe a tiny bit. 

I like to make a great big pot so I can put some in the fridge and heat it up later. This recipe makes about one gallon.

Russian Tea
12 cups water
2 cups sugar
4 large size tea bags
4 cups orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
12 cloves in a tea ball

Bring water to a boil. Stir in sugar until it dissolves. Remove from heat and add tea bags for five minutes.


Remove tea bags. Add orange juice, lemon juice, and cloves.




Tea balls are a little bit adorable.


Husband says "It's dope."

I hope you have a fun snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment