I'm on Etsy!

Monday, March 24, 2014

Exciting Announcement!

I am willing to admit that my "exciting announcement" might be more exciting for me than it is for you, as is the case with most exciting announcements.

Are you ready?!

I am opening my Etsy shop!

I have always enjoyed making stuff. And I have long been looking for a way to sell some of my creations at a price that is affordable for you, and still compensates me for my time and materials. When Gabriel was a baby, I knitted him an adorable green hooded sweater, and several people told me that I should sell them. But let me tell you: It took me so long to make that sweater, that I felt like I would have had to sell it for $100-$200 in order to make it worth my time. (I might be a slow knitter). I certainly wouldn't pay that much for a baby sweater that would only fit for three months, and I wouldn't ask anyone else to, either. 

Here's Paul sporting the green sweater, and Gabriel sporting a ketchup stain.

Until now, I have limited myself to making things as gifts. But I have finally found something that I can make and sell at a fair price. I have already sold a set of three that will be displayed in my husband's new office building. Well, they have to get it approved in the budget, but that counts, right? And he's not even the one in charge of buying art. So that's what I'm making: art. Hand-dyed wooden wall art.



This is one of my favorites. My art is all about vibrant color and texture. It might seem expensive. But if you compare it to something mass-produced in a similar size (two feet by two feet for this one), I think you will find that it is a good price. And it has added benefit that no one else will have the same one.

So check out my shop, CharlotteWoodArt. Since my name is Charlotte Wood and I make wood art, it seemed like an appropriate name. Better than Wood Wood, which I also considered. So if you like my shop, you can make it a favorite or like it on Facebook. If you click on an individual listing, you can pin it to Pinterest. If you really, REALLY like it, you can pay me money and I'll send it to you. If you want a particular color or size, I can do that, too.

Have you ever sold any hand-made items? Do you have any advice for me?

Didn't David do a great job adding my Etsy shop to the top of my blog? What would I do without him?!

No comments:

Post a Comment