I'm on Etsy!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cappuccino mix recipe


I get about a hundred requests a day for my cappuccino mix recipe, so I thought I'd post it again.

I'm just kidding. No one asked.

If you want regular cappuccino mix, the cheapest route is to go to Sam's where you can get a giant Sam's-sized container for about $7.  But if I have caffeine after 12 p.m., it is literally still in my system 10 hours later and I can not sleep. And I mean "literally" in the correct use of the word, and not the blasphemous new definition, which I vow never to accept. So I want decaf cappuccino, and the only decaf at my store, is tiny jar for $2 or $3 with FAKE SUGAR which is unacceptable to me. Here's the recipe:

Cappuccino
1/3 C sugar
3/4 t vanilla
2/3 C sweetened flavored powdered creamer
2/3 C hot chocolate mix
2/3 C decaf instant coffee
1/2 t cinnamon

Mix the vanilla in the sugar and let it dry for an hour or so. Then mix everything else together.  Put two tablespoons of the mix in an eight ounce cup of hot water.

This recipe will fill a Great Value 24 oz. spaghetti jar. So be sure to keep some of those jars on hand. They're handy! If you want to use regular powdered creamer, increase the sugar to 1/2 cup. If you only have hot chocolate with marshmallows, just go with that. I did.

If you're feeling crafty, tie some twine on that sucker.



1 comment: