I'm on Etsy!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Colored stain


When you want to revamp your yard sale furniture, there is one more option that you might not have thought about.  Colored stain. I love that you can see the grain of the wood even though it looks like paint at first glance.

My husband did all the work on this Craigslist find. He had to sand the whole thing. Isn't he great?

Incidentally, this kind of long dresser makes a great changing table. I don't like the idea of having a piece of furniture that you can only use while your child is a baby, when you could use a dresser instead.
New handles help.
See all that beautiful wood grain?




















I really like the idea of staining a wood floor an unconventional color. But I would have to be really committed to a color.


           
Aren't these beautiful?! 

Wood you do it? Charlotte Wood. No, actually, I wouldn't. I'm too scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment